Epic has released an official update description that is worth being expanded a bit.
Fortnite had an “intermediate” update today. It was not big, because it is about “19.01” and not the classic “19.10”. However, that still means a lot of downloads, extra skins, and other cosmetic items.
The update revolves around an upcoming event – the Winterfest. As we read in the official description:
In only a matter of days, this year’s Winterfest event will begin! Stay tuned for more details when the event begins.
Of course, we know a little more. The free items you get are two skins + one style for PC players. In addition, we know about:
- Falling effect,
- Loading screen,
- Music pack,
And a style for PC players:
Super level styles
In the Bonus Rewards section of the Battle Pass tab, bonus Styles for Chapter 3 Season 1 Outfits have been available for players who progress past Level 100. More bonus Styles have been added with v19.01: this Season’s Super Level Styles! Progress past Level 140 this Season and start unlocking the Photo Negative, Scarlet Blackout, and Gilded Reality Super Level Styles for Shanta, Ronin, Lt. John Llama, Harlowe, and Spider-Man.
- The ammo count of the Stinger SMG now updates sooner in its reload animation.
HUNTER BOLT-ACTION SNIPER
- The ammo count of the Hunter Bolt-Action Sniper now updates sooner in its reload animation.
In case you missed it, balance changes made in a hotfix last week:
STRIKER PUMP SHOTGUN
- Increased the accuracy of the Striker Pump Shotgun.
- Slightly increased the fire rate of the Striker Pump Shotgun.
- Decreased the amount of time it takes to pull out the Auto Shotgun.
MK-SEVEN ASSAULT RIFLE
- Decreased the environmental damage of the MK-Seven Assault Rifle and made it less accurate while hip-firing.
RANGER ASSAULT RIFLE
- Moderately increased the accuracy of the Ranger Assault Rifle.
- Slightly increased the damage rate of the Ranger Assault Rifle.
- Increased the heal speed of Guzzle Juice.