This update may become historical for several reasons.
Probably noone expected Epic to bring back shopping carts. The developers have decided that these will reappear on the island.
Clean up on Aisle 3 — Shopping Carts have returned to the Island! Throw a friend in the basket and scoot around with this classic “vehicle,” found at shopping and residential areas like Retail Row and Holly Hedges.
What else appeared?
By far the most important piece of information is the return of mechs called B.R.U.T.E.s. Epic officially writes about it like this:
The Cube Queen has deployed countless warriors, and corruption is spreading fast throughout the Island. To fight back, the war effort against the Cubes is producing some big guns of their own.
Meet the Salvaged B.R.U.T.E. Battling the Sideways has left the war effort short on supplies, meaning this Salvaged B.R.U.T.E. has a stripped down armor hull with no overshield, making it easier for clever opponents to counter and dismantle. However, it comes battle-ready with combat effectiveness tailored for taking on wave after wave of Cube Monsters.
Of course, Salvaged B.R.U.T.E. Stations need Bars to get off the ground… lots of Bars. Stations have been deployed across the Island where you can place funds. Once they’re fully funded, they’ll drop in Salvaged B.R.U.T.E.s available to Loopers in their matches.
Help boot up the Salvaged B.R.U.T.E. and beat back The Cube Queen’s endless army.
Naruto skins have also been added to the game:
- Naruto Uzumaki, the number one most unpredictable ninja and Jinchuriki host of the all-powerful nine-tailed beast is ready — along with the rest of Team 7 — to take you through to a Victory Royale!
- Sasuke Uchiha: Experienced with the impressive visual Jutsu of the Sharingan and one of the last surviving members of the Uchiha clan.
- Sakura Haruno: Doe-eyed for Sasuke, she has taken her fiery inner-voice, deft control of chakra, and extreme strength to become one of the greatest Kunoichi.
- Kakashi Hatake: Known as The Copy Ninja for his deft skill in copying almost any Jutsu he sees in the Shinobi world using his second-hand Sharingan.
The cosmetic items related to Naruto are of course the skins themselves, but also:
- Pakkun Back Bling: Kakashi’s smallest ninken.
- Demon Wind Shuriken Back Bling: A shuriken with fearsome curved blades.
- Hidden Leaf Cloak Back Bling: A warm cloak fit for going on missions.
- Scroll Back Bling: Contains Techniques
- Black Ops Sword Pickaxe: A sword used by the black ops.
- Kunai Pickaxe (with Black variant Style): A sharp weapon favored by the shinobi.
- Snake Sword: Sasuke’s beloved sword.
- Hidan’s Scythe: The scythe of choice for curse rituals.
- Glider and emotes:
- Kurama Glider: A fearsome nine-tailed beast sealed inside Naruto Uzumaki. (Comes with the Shinobi Teamwork Loading Screen)
- Summoning Jutsu Emote: Did you remember to form your contract?
- Ramen Break Emote: Treat yourself to a lil’ shinobi snack.
What’s more, until the end of the season, a kunai with a paper bomb will be waiting to be found – a new weapon that you can throw at your enemies. You can find these explosive weapons in chests and lamas – or get them from Kakashi Hatake in exchange for bars.
Players will be able to earn Battle Pass XP with Praise posted by the creators on Creative Mode maps that use the new Praise Tool. It is available to all creators.
Major Bug Fixes
- Grapplers have returned to Team Rumble and Battle Lab.
- Collection book entries can now be viewed when using Performance Mode.
- Cars will no longer vanish or move when entering or exiting.
- Shopping Carts, the Salvaged B.R.U.T.E., and Paper Bomb Kunai are not present in competitive playlists.