Today, the event on the occasion of the New Year 2022 begins. What attractions will go to the players?
The last day of the year, New Year’s Eve, has come. On this occasion, Pokemon GO will start a New Year’s event that will not only celebrate the end of 2021 but also provide a nice start in 2022 thanks to numerous prizes and bonuses.
What are the New Year’s tasks as part of Timed Research and what can you get from them?
New Year with Pokemon GO
The New Year’s event will start today, on December 31, 2021, at 10 pm local time and will last until January 4, 2022 (Tuesday).
On this occasion, the following attractions are planned:
- To better celebrate the New Year, there will be a fireworks display in the game. You will be able to watch them from Friday 31 December 2021 from 11 pm to Sunday 2 January 2022.
- Event Timed Research will be available in the game (list of tasks below).
- Players will be able to catch Pokemon in event costumes. Not only will the old versions of the disguises return, but also completely new outfits.
- The following Pokemon appear in the wild: Pikachu, Seel, Slowpoke, Hoothoot, Stantler, Wurmple, and Loudred. Anyone lucky will find Fearow.
- The 7-kilometer eggs will hatch the following Pokemon in event costumes: Bulbasaur, Charmander, Squirtle, Slowpoke, Hoothoot, Pichu, and Wurmple.
- Thematic outfits and accessories for the player’s character will be available in the store.
- From Field Research tasks you will be able to receive event creatures: Slowpoke, Hoothoot, less often Bulbasaur, Charmander and Squirtle.
- The raids will feature event opponents, including Pokémon in New Year’s costumes.
- 1-star Raid: Slowpoke, Hoothoot, Wobbuffet, Mawile,
- 3-star Raid: Raticate, Nidorino, Machamp, Gengar, Slowking,
- 5-Star Raid: Kyurem,
- Mega Raid: Mega Abomasnow.
Additionally, the following bonuses will be active:
- The distance needed to hatch the eggs will be halved.
- Hatching eggs will give you twice as much Stardust.
- For hatching eggs you will get twice as much candy.
New Year’s Timed Research – task list
Stage 1 of 4
- Catch 10 Pokemon – 10 x PokeBall
- Walk 1 Kilometer – 250 x Stardust
- Make 5 Curved Throws – 5 x Razz Berry
Rewards: 2022 XP, Hoohhoot, 500 x Stardust
Stage 2 of 4
- Catch 7 different species of Pokemon – 5 x Great Ball
- Hatch Egg – 1000 x Stardust
- Evolve 3 Pokemon – 5 x Nanab Berry
Rewards: 2022 XP, Pikachu, 500 x Stardust
Stage 3 of 4
- Power-up Pokemon 5 times – 5 x Pinap Berry
- Use 5 fruits when catching Pokemon – 500 XP
- Get 5 hearts from your buddy – Wumple
Rewards: 2022 XP, 1 x Poffin, 500 x Stardust
Stage 4 of 4
- Make 5 Great throws – 5 x Ultra Ball
- Get your heart by walking with your buddy – Wobbuffet
- Send 5 gifts to friends – 1x King’s Rock
Rewards: 2022 XP, Slowpoke, 500 x Stardust