A new event is being launched in Pokemon GO. What attractions will players get?
The time has come for another event in Pokemon GO. This time it’s set to introduce a brand new species of Pokemon to the game, as well as quite a few other interesting attractions.
The Festival of Lights, as the event is called, starts today, so it’s worth reading a collection of highlights about bonuses and themed quests. What Pokemon will appear in the wild, and which ones can be encountered during raids?
Festival of Lights in Pokemon GO
The event began today, that is, October 14, 2022, and will last until Monday, October 17, 2022.
On this occasion, the following attractions are scheduled:
- Morelull and its evolution, Shiinotic, will debut in the game.
- The following creatures will appear in the wild: Pikachu, Vulpix, Magnemite, Chinchou, Litwick, Litleo, Helioptile, Dedenne, Morelull. Anyone who is lucky will meet Galarian Ponyta and Togedemaru.
- Players will have an increased chance to meet Shiny Chinchou.
- Trainers will get double the amount of experience for catching Pokemon.
- One will get double the number of candies for catching creatures.
- Incense activated during the event will last 2 hours.
- New opponents will appear in raids:
- 1-star raids: Galarian Ponyta, Darumaka, Dedenne, Morelull,
- 3-star raids: Alolan Raichu, Galarian Weezing, Mawile, Hisuian Braviary,
- 5-star raid: Xerneas,
- Mega Raid: Mega Manectric.
- There will be themed Field Research type tasks:
- Catch 5 Pokémon: Chinchou,
- catch 15 Pokémon: Morelull,
- hatch an egg: Galarian Ponyta,
- catch 10 Pokemon: Blitzle,
- power-up Pokemon 5 times: Dedenne
- Send 5 gifts with a sticker attached: Electabuzz or Magmar.
- New shiny forms will be added to the game. They will go to Chinchou and Lanturn.
- Event stickers will be available for purchase in the store.
During the event, a special Timed Research will be active, from which players will be able to win various valuable prizes.
The tasks will be divided into 2 stages with 6 tasks in each. In the second stage, trainers will be able to get a new pose for their character.