The developers of Pokemon GO have revealed information related to an upcoming event for the game. What is worth knowing about it?
In just a few days there will be a new event, which will be associated with the Chinese New Year. Many interesting attractions and bonuses are planned for the occasion. Here is a list of the most important information about the Lunar New Year event in Pokemon GO.
Lunar New Year in Pokemon GO
The event will begin on Thursday, January 19, 2023, and will last until Monday, January 23, 2023.
It’s time to celebrate the Lunar New Year in Pokémon GO! Pokémon like Bunnelby and Buneary will appear more frequently in the wild, and Trainers can look forward to other event-themed Pokémon appearing in the wild, in raids, and hatching from Eggs!
It looks like all Trainers’ luck will also improve during the event—you’ll have an increased chance of encountering Shiny Darumaka, an increased chance to receive Lucky Pokémon in trades, and an increased chance to become Lucky Friends!
On this occasion, the following attractions will be provided:
- The following Pokemon will appear more often in the wild: Ponyta, Magmar, Magikarp, Slugma, Numel, Combee, Buneary, Fennekin, Bunnelby.
- Anyone who is lucky will hit Flareon and Darumaka.
- The following creatures will hatch from 7-kilo eggs: Chingling, Riolu, Darumaka, Galarian Darumaka, Scraggy.
- Event opponents will appear during the raids:
- 1-star raids: Hisuian Voltorb, Shinx, Darumaka, Galarian Darumaka,
- 3-star raids Flareon, Shuckle, Blaziken, Druddigon, Diggersby,
- 5-star raids: Regice,
- Mega Raid: Mega Lopunny.
- There will be field research-type event tasks available.
- Event Timed Research will also be available.
The following bonuses will be active:
- Increased chance of meeting Shiny Darumaka.
- Increased chance of getting Lucky Pokémon from an exchange.
- Increased chance of becoming Lucky Friends.
- 2 x Stardust for opening gifts.
- One additional special trade can be made – a total maximum of two trades per day.
Timed Research: Lucky Wishes
Trainers will be able to access branching Timed Research that grants their wish for bonuses that revolve around either hatching Eggs, the duration of Daily Adventure Incense, or collecting Stardust.
The path you choose will determine which bonuses and tasks you have for the event!
No matter which wish you pick, all Trainers who complete the research will receive a Lucky Egg and other items. They will also have the opportunity to encounter the following Pokémon.
- ALSO – Pokemon GO players complain that “junk” is being hatched from eggs. Does the system need an overhaul?
Stickers and items for avatars
During and after the event, a Red Lantern Backpack will be available for purchase in the in-game store.