Twitch has published an open letter explaining what the platform plans to change in 2022.
Last year was quite difficult for Twitch. The platform struggled with larger and smaller scandals, which mainly focused on incorrect or simply strange bans. This is about to change now.
TTV published an open letter summarizing 2021 and, more interestingly, plans for 2022 were also included in it. Of course, some of the points will not tell us anything at the moment, and the rest are just generalities, but you can guess what they mean.
Twitch plans for 2022
As we read in the official information, the plan assumes, among other things:
- improvements to the user reporting and appealing process;
This is something a lot of people have been asking for, which is to ease the appeal system, which is now quite clunky. Oftentimes, you don’t get a response at all, even when it comes to streamers.
- updates on how developers may use the Suspicious User Discovery Tool;
- changes to the rules on erotic content.
This is probably the most interesting point of all. Twitch wants to update its 18+ content policy again. It is possible that in the end the platform will take on streamers whose content is mainly to show themselves in as few clothes as possible.
- updates on our safety committee inspired by your feedback;
- more and better educational content and programming in our safety center, live streaming, and more.
This educational content – hardly anyone watches it at all. Unless it’s about some cooking, painting, or something that somehow refers to entertainment.
We will continue to listen to your feedback and introduce new policies and products, and share progress updates on a regular basis.
Further points are related to security.
- Limiting harmful behavior.
- Empowering the community with tools they can control.
- Improve safety education and communication.
- Finding ways to balance content that may not appeal to all audiences.
All this is expected to appear in 2022. It’s hard to say if the platform will be able to do all this that fast, but there is a chance.