The Mexican Day of the Dead event is kicking off in the game today.
Día de Muertos is the oldest Mexican religious and ethnic holiday, celebrating the afterlife of the dead and family ties. It is mainly celebrated in Mexico and Central America. While getting ready for Dia de Muertos, Mexicans believe in almost direct contact with loved ones. Not only do they reminisce the old days, but while spending time at the graves, they eat their favorite dishes “together with the dead”, play instruments, laugh, and dance.
The Mexican Day of the Dead theme became more popular with animated films for children, including Coco, which was produced by Walt Disney Pictures and Pixar Animation Studios and premiered in 2017. How will the said event be celebrated in Pokemon GO?
Day of the Dead in Pokemon GO
The event started on November 1 (Monday) and will last until 2:00 PM on November 2.
On this occasion, the following attractions are planned:
- The following Pokemon will appear in the wild: Cubone, Sunkern, Murkrow, Houndour, Sableye, and Roselia. Anyone who is lucky will find Sunflora, Drifloon, and Yamask.
- Thanks to Lure and Incense, the following Pokemon will appear: Cubone, Sunkern, Sunflora, Murkrow, Houndour, Sableye, and Drifloon. Anyone who is lucky will meet Alolan Marowaka and Yamaska.
- A themed Collector’s Challenge will appear (see below for more information).
- For spinning PokeStops and Gyms, you will be able to get Field Research themed tasks (see list below).
- A free box will appear in the store that will contain 20 PokeBalls and Incense.
- A themed T-shirt for the player’s character will be available in the store.
- The following bonuses will be active:
- The Lure Module will be active for 90 minutes each.
- Incense will run for 90 minutes.
- For catching Pokemon you will get double the amount of Stardust.
Latin American players will have access to additional bonuses such as Bonus candy for creature transfers, more frequent spawns of Event-related Pokémon, and more.
Field Research – task list
- Make a “Great” throw: Sunkern
- Make a curved “Nice” throw: Cubone or Roselia
- Win a match against another coach in GO Battle League: Alolan Marowak
To claim your rewards, you need to catch the following Pokemon:
Rewards: 1 x Incense, 1 x Poffin, Shedinja