The developers have announced a new event that will come with the debut of a new type of raids in the game.
A few days ago, it was announced that a new type of raids – Shadow Raids – will appear in Pokemon GO. Such a novelty could not go unnoticed, so Niantic prepared an entire event for the occasion, which, as you can easily guess, will focus on Team GO Rocket and Shadow Pokemon.
What attractions will hit the game?
Rising Shadows Event in Pokemon GO
The event will begin at 10:00 a.m. on Monday, May 22 until 8:00 p.m. and run through Sunday, May 28, 2023.
The following activities are planned for the occasion:
- Shadow Mewtwo will return to Pokemon GO in Shadow raids. In addition, it will be possible to meet Shiny Shadow Mewtwo for the first time.
- The Pokemon will appear in 5-star Shadow raids from 10:00 a.m. local time on Saturday, May 27 until 8:00 p.m. on Sunday, May 28, 2023.
- From 10:00 a.m. local time on Monday, May 22 to 8:00 p.m. on Sunday, May 28, 2023, Shadow raids will be held in most Gyms.
- From 10:00 a.m. to 8:00 p.m. local time on Saturday, May 27, 2023, GO Rocket Team activity will be especially heightened and they will take over all raids.
- GO Rocket Team balloons will appear more frequently near PokeStops.
- The following Pokémon will appear more often in the wild: Ekans, Golbat, Koffing, Houndour, Poochyena, Stunky, and Skorupi.
- Anyone who is lucky will find Hisuian Qwilfish and Scraggy.
- The following opponents appear in regular raids:
- 1-star raids: Clefairy, Tentacool, Marill, Skrelp, Popplio.
- 3-star raids: Magneton, Lapras, Mawile, Empoleon,
- 5-star raids: Regigigas, Tapu Fini,
- Mega Raids: Mega Pinsir, Mega Altaria.
Tasks focused on defeating Team GO Rocket and catching Pokémon will be available! Trainers can earn a Mysterious Component and Stardust as rewards.
Seasonal Special Research: Let’s GO
During Season 10: Rising Heroes, all trainers will be able to receive free Special Research.
Willow’s back with some news on Team GO Rocket’s latest plans…and he has a gift for you.
Special Research will be available for you to pick up until the end of Season 10: Rising Heroes, which is 10:00 a.m. local time on June 1, 2023.
Starting from the event for an unspecified period of time, the following pose will be available for the player’s character – the “Rising Hero pose”.